Total Training is excited to announce the release of its latest course: Apache Storm: Learn by Example.
In this online course, you will learn how to use Apache™ Storm to build applications which need you to be highly responsive to the latest data, and react within seconds and minutes, such as finding the latest trending topics on Twitter, or monitoring spikes in payment gateway failures. With Supplemental Material included with the training, by the time you’ve finished this course, you’ll be proficient in using Storm for your data processing needs.
What is Storm?
Storm is to real-time stream processing what Hadoop is to batch processing. From simple data transformations to applying machine learning algorithms on the fly, Storm can do it all.
Apache™ Storm provides reliable real-time data processing capabilities for scenarios requiring real-time analytics, machine learning, and continuous operations monitoring. It handles large volumes of high-velocity data, having the ability to process over a million records per second, per node, on a cluster of modest size. Enterprises ranging from financial services, to telecom, retail, manufacturing, transportation, and web, harness this speed and combine it with other data access applications in Hadoop to prevent undesirable events or to optimize positive outcomes.
What’s covered in this Apache Storm: Learn by Example online training course?
- Understanding Spouts and Bolts, which are the building blocks of every Storm topology
- Running a Storm topology in the local mode and in the remote mode
- Parallelizing data processing within a topology using different grouping strategies: Shuffle grouping, Fields grouping, Direct grouping, All grouping, Custom grouping
- Managing reliability and fault-tolerance within Spouts and Bolts
- Performing complex transformations on the fly using the Trident topology: Map, Filter, Windowing, and Partitioning operations
- Applying ML algorithms on the fly using libraries like Trident-ML and Storm-R
What are the requirements?
- Experience in Java programming and familiarity with using Java frameworks
- A Java IDE such as IntelliJ Idea should be installed
What am I going to get from this course?
- Build a Storm Topology for processing data
- Manage reliability and fault tolerance of the topology
- Control parallelism using different grouping strategies
- Perform complex transformations using Trident
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms on the fly in Storm applications
What is the target audience?
- Engineers looking to set up end-to-end data processing pipelines that react to changes in real time
- Folks familiar with Batch processing technologies like Hadoop who want to learn more about Stream processing
How can I get these courses?
- This course is available as single title purchase: Machine Learning – Apache Storm: Learn by Example
- This courses is available as part of the Total Training All-Access Library.
- If you are a current All-Access subscriber, this course is automatically added to your Library!
Check out our additional Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence courses available now!
Sign up for the Total Training newsletter and follow us on social media to receive each course announcement!
About the Presenters:
Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi, and Navdeep Singh have honed their tech expertise at Google and Flipkart. Together, they have created dozens of training courses and are excited to be sharing their content with eager students. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into enjoyable, practical, and engaging courses.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
Swetha: Early Flipkart employee, IIM Ahmedabad and IIT Madras alum
Navdeep: Longtime Flipkart employee too, and IIT Guwahati alum